We are phasing out Zendesk. Please see Discourse instead: https://community.getmailspring.com/t/read-receipts-link-tracking-and-activity-reports/162
Activity reports are a new feature that gives you a birds-eye view of your email activity. You can find the activity report for your account(s) in the left sidebar:
Here's a detailed look at the information you can see from the activity report.
When you're viewing the activity report, the top of the page shows the accounts you're viewing ("All Accounts" or "firstname.lastname@example.org") and the time range. Clicking the time range dropdown on the right hand-side allows you to choose a new time range to view.
- Messages Received: The total number of messages that arrived in the displayed time range. This number including messages in your inbox, as well as messages that were sent directly to a folder by mail rules and spam.
- Messages Sent: The total number of messages you sent in the displayed time range.
- Messages Time of Day: This graph is a histogram showing the day divided into 24 columns, one for each hour of the day. The more emails you receive in a given hour, the taller it's column.
Read Receipts and Link Tracking
These metrics only include messages that you sent with read receipts and/or link tracking enabled. You can activate these features when sending an email by checking the "eye" and "cursor" icons in the bottom of the composer.
- % Opened: This shows the number of emails that received at least one open, divided by the number of of emails that were sent with read receipts.
- % Clicked: This shows the number of emails that received at least one link clicked, divided by the number of of emails that were sent with link-tracking enabled.
- % Replies: This shows the percent of the time that threads you started (eg: emails you sent, excluding replies to existing conversations) received one or more replies. For example, "25%" means that 25% of your outbound emails received a response in the time range selected for the report.
Best Templates and Subject Lines:
If you send more than one email with the same subject line, this part of the report shows the "read receipts and link tracking" statistics separately for each subject line. This allows you to make decisions and improve your outbound emails.
For example, if I send fifty sales inquiries, 25 with the title "Appropriate Person?" and 25 with the title "Checking In", the "% Opened" and "% Replies" statistics will tell me which subject line is more effective.
Wish we had metrics that you don't see here? Email email@example.com and let us know!
Please sign in to leave a comment.