To add your Outlook.com, hotmail.com, or live.com email address to Mailspring, please select the Office 365 option from 'Add Account' and enter in your email address and password for your account.
If your account is configured for two factor authorization then you will need to generate an app specific password.
In some cases, Microsoft will tell Mailspring that you entered an incorrect password even though it was correct. If you entered in your email address and password correctly, you may need to do the following steps:
- Go to Outlook.com and you should see a notification from Microsoft called "Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity".
- Click the button to Review Recent Activity in that notification email.
- On that page, you'll see a button that says "This was me" - click that button.
- Go back to Mailspring and re-enter your email address and password.
- Mailspring should now be able to load your account.